Tandem Skydiving is the fastest and easiest way to experience the excitement of skydiving; the exhilaration of freefalling at 120 mph followed by the serenity of a 5 to 6 minute ride under canopy while being safely attached to an Instructor.
At Triangle Skydiving Center we want your first skydive to be safe, memorable, and enjoyable. To meet this goal we are constantly improving our facilities, equipment and training methods. You can also rest assured that all our Instructors pass regular medicals, hold the highest qualifications possible and all have thousands of jumps. Whether you decide to learn the sport of skydiving or just do one jump, we can guarantee that your first Tandem Skydive will be one of the most memorable times of your life
For legal reasons and limitations of the gear you must be 18 years of age and weigh less than 230 pounds, with height and weight being in proportion. Please also note that you may not drink alcohol 8 hours before your scheduled jump. Triangle Skydiving Center reserves the right to refuse to either train or accommodate skydiving students who it deems to be under the influence of either alcohol or drugs.
The Day Of Your Skydive
- DO Wear soft soled tennis shoes or something similar (no sandals, hard soled shoes or shoes with hooks)
- DO wear loose and comfortable clothing suitable for the temperature of the day. We will give you a jumpsuit to wear over your clothes so your attire will be protected.
- DO drink plenty of water and eat normally.
- DO NOT Drink aloholic beverages or partake in controlled substances. Triangle Skydiving Center reserves the right to deny a customer their tandem experience if the customer is deemed unsafe to fly.
The time of your booking is the time you need to arrive NOT the time of your jump. (This allows time for you to fill out paperwork and be briefed on your upcoming skydive.)
Check in at the office and our staff will help you fill out the necessary paperwork. One of our USPA (United States Parachute Association) Instructors will brief you on the equipment and technique for tandem parachute freefall and landing.
15 Minute Call
When it is your time to jump you will hear your name called over the PA system and you will be introduced to your Instructor. Your Instructor will outfit you with everything you need to make your skydive, this is also the time that, if you purchased the DVD Package, you will be introduced to your Videographer. At the 5 minute call you will walk out to and board the airplane.
Climbing To Altitude
On the way to exit altitude your instructor will go over the skydive again, answer any questions you may have, and prepare the equipment for the Ride of Your Life. Once you are securely attached to your instructor, the door will be opened and experienced jumpers will begin to exit the aircraft.
If you have chosen the DVD Package, your Videographer will now climb outside the aircraft. You and your Instructor will move to the door and, after completing the exit count you practiced on the ground you will leave the plane. The freefall portion of your skydive is an exhilarating 60 second journey, traveling at 120 mph during which you and your instructor can perform turning maneuvers and you will really discover why birds sing. Then, at the appropriate altitude, your instructor will open your parachute.
The Parachute Ride
Once your Instructor has opened your parachute, the freefall is over although the adventure certainly is not. After the speed and rush of freefall, most students describe the canopy ride as "incredibly peaceful". During the 5 to 6 minutes you will spend under your parachute, you and your Instructor can chat as you almost silently fly over scenic landscapes and watch other people under canopy before you both land gently back on the airfield where it all began.
After the Skydive
After the jump, our staff will assist you out of the gear, and your Instructor will talk with you about the skydive. If you purchased the DVD Package, the Videographer will give you your free photographs and, if time permits, professionally edit your DVD movie.
To make your reservation, you will need the following information:
- Names and weights of all the people in your party.
- Names of people who would like the professionally edited DVD movie with the FREE DVD of stills photographs of their first jump.
- A MasterCard or Visa number with security number and expiration date to hold the reservations.
- A date and time convenient for your party. We ask that you allow 3 to 4 hours for your first Tandem Skydive.
- All skydiving is weather dependent and, sometimes, for both your safety and that of our Instructors we have to sit and wait for clouds to pass or the wind to drop down to acceptable levels.
Making a Reservation
And once you have tasted flight,
You will walk with your eyes turned skyward,
For there you have been,
And there you long to return
-Leonardo da Vinci